Wyze Security Cameras are deemed as the cheapest security cameras in the world, which offer excellent video recording capabilities and many other useful surveillance features. Wyze has launched a wide range of cameras, some for outdoor surveillance with others for monitoring the indoors of the premises. However, to ensure flawless functionality of the camera and to enjoy all its features, you need to install and setup the Wyze security camera in an accurate manner.
How to perform Wyze Cam Setup?
Wyze cam is known for its comprehensive monitoring and surveillance, but that all depends upon how the camera has been set up. If you want to know the exact steps for Wyze cam setup, then look at the following steps:
The Wyze Cam is one of the most efficient indoor home security cameras, which is packed with some of the best security features, but in order to enjoy all those features, you need to ensure that the camera has been set up in the right way.
Steps for Wyze Camera Setup
- The setup process begins with plugging the power adapter into Wyze cam with its other end plugged into the power outlet.
- Now, you need to download Wyze app on your smart device. The app is available on Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store, so you can download it on any device without any issue. Once the app installs, you will have to create an account. In case, you already have an account, then you will have to log in using your existing credentials.
- Select the option named ‘New Device’ from the home screen of the app to initiate the setup process. Then, you will have to select Wyze cam from the list of products.
- You will see the ‘Setup’ button on the bottom of the camera, which you will have to press. As you press it, you will hear this phrase, ‘Ready to connect’.
- Connect your camera to the Wi-Fi network, for which, you will have to enter your Wi-Fi account name and password.
- Scan the QR code by holding the same in front of the camera. You will hear the words ‘QR code scanned’, which is how you will get to know that the code is scanned successfully. The moment you hear those words, you can proceed to the next step.
- You will have to wait until the camera connects to the Wi-Fi. A timer will appear where you can see the time left for the camera to connect to the internet. It usually takes 10-20 seconds to connect, but if it takes more than that, then you may have to go through the setup process all over again.
- Give a name to your camera, but make sure to come up with a unique name because if you have connected other devices in your home as well, then having the same name can create confusion. Once you have given your camera a name, you will be asked if you want to give someone else access to the camera. If you want to, then you can enter the details of that person, or else, you can skip this step for later. You shall view the live feed on your Wyze cam now.
The entire Wyze cam setup process won’t take more than 5 minutes.
How to perform Wyze Cam V2 Setup?
Wyze has launched many different types of security cameras, which are equipped with different features. One such camera is Wyze Cam V2, which records full HD videos to help users identify the activity that they want to know about in a much better way. Besides full HD videos, the camera features motion and sound detection, time-lapse, two-way audio and night vision. This camera has been designed to work indoors on 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. Moreover, the camera allows you to record videos in the SD card and also allowing users to send live video streaming to a mobile device. However, all these features can only be accessed only after you set up the camera in the right way.
Steps for setting up Wyze Cam V2 are here below:
- Setting up Wyze Cam V2 is very simple, as you need to have a hold on a few things, which are – Wyze Cam V2 camera, a smartphone or tablet, and a wireless router.
- You will also have to install the Wyze Cam V2 app on your smart device because the app will help you create an account on Wyze. Once you have the app installed and an account created, you can press a button given on the bottom of the camera in order to point it to your smart device for reading a QR code.
- The Wyze app is available free of cost on Google Play Store as well as the Apple Store, so you can search the app on the app market and download it once found.
- Once the app is installed, you need to tap ‘Sign Up’ to create a new account followed by entering your email and entering a password. Make sure to enter a strong password consisting of small and capital alphabets, numerals and special characters.
- Type in the code that you received in your email, which will take you to the next screen, where you will have to click ‘Allow’.
- Click ‘Add Camera’ button followed by choosing the model of your Wyze Cam V2.
- Click and hold the button given at the bottom of the camera and point it to your smart device.
- You will get the confirmation from the camera itself when you hear these words, ‘Ready to connect’.
How to perform Wyze Cam Pan Setup?
Wyze Cam Pan is a camera specially designed to see the entire room. With a 360-degree coverage, you can view as to what is going on in the room in just 3 seconds. If you want to enjoy the features of this incredible camera, then make sure it is properly setup. The process of setting up Wyze Cam Pan is the same as that of any other Wyze security camera.
- You need a smartphone or tablet to set up Wyze Cam Pan.
- Remove the plastic from the front of the Wyze Cam Pan followed by plugging it into the power outlet to turn it on.
- An indicator light on the front of the camera will blink solid yellow. As soon as it begins to blink, you need to launch the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet and press the ‘+’ sign.
- You will see all your Wyze devices, so you need to select Wyze Cam Pan from the list of devices that you see.
- You will have to follow on-screen instructions followed by pushing a button provided at the bottom of the Wyze Cam Pan for a few seconds. You are going to hear ‘Ready To Connect’ from the camera.
- Now, go back to the app and push the button that says, ‘I heard ready to connect now’.
- Enter the network information for your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network because the device won’t work on 5 GHz. Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network and hit ‘Next’.
- You will see a QR code on the screen, which you need to scan.
- Hold your smart device in which you see the QR in one hand and hold the camera in another hand. Now, with both devices facing each other, the camera will detect the QR code and activates itself. Make sure that the lens is facing right at the code, otherwise, the code won’t be scanned.
- The Wyze Cam Pan will not connect to the Wi-Fi network. After that, you will have to give your camera a unique name.
- You can now load the live stream and voila, the camera works.
How to perform Wyze Account creation and Wyze cam account login?
Creating a Wyze Account
Having a Wyze account is of paramount importance if you want to access all the features that this security camera has to offer. You can make changes to the Wyze app and your profile by going into the ‘Account’ tab given at the bottom of the Wyze app.
Via www.Wyze.com website
- Navigate to the ‘Sign In’ option given at the top right corner of the page.
- Since you are creating an account for the first time, you need to click ‘Register’ followed by entering your email address and password. Make sure to enter a strong password consisting of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
Via the Wyze app:
- You need to get the Wyze app on your smartphone. It doesn’t matter if you are using an Android phone or an iOS one, you’d still be able to download the app free of cost.
- Once the app downloads, launch it on your smart device and click ‘Login’ or ‘Create an account’.
- To create a new account, you will have to find the ‘sign up’ option on the app. Once found, tap on it.
- Enter your email address followed by a new password, which should be a mix of alphabets, numbers and special characters. The password should be 8 characters long.
- You can tap the icon in the password field if you want to view it. This is basically done when you are entering the password in the ‘Confirm Password’ field to be sure that you have entered the same password.
- Tap ‘Continue’ and follow the on-screen instructions to conclude the rest of the process.
Once you create an account on the Wyze account, you will be able to access all the features of the security camera. In case, you are not able to log into the Wyze account after the account creation process, then you should get in touch with experts for quick assistance.
Is Wyze App For PC Available?
While the Wyze app is available for Android and iOS devices, but if you want to access the app on your PC, then you can certainly do that. There are many sources available online where you can download the Wyze app for PC, but it is important to get the app from a trusted source. Also, you can download the Wyze app from Google Play Store and access it on your PC using BlueStacks, a software that allows people to access Android apps on computer. If you find any issues downloading and installing Wyze app for PC, then you can get in touch with the Wyze cam support facility.
Wyze Security Cameras are top-of-the-shelf units, but are they immune to errors and glitches? Of course not, as there have been several errors reported by the users. Here are common Wyze cam errors that you may come across while using Wyze cameras:
- Wyze camera error code 60 (Cannot connect to the server)
- Wyze camera error code 41 (Network is unreachable)
- Wyze error code 42 (Failed to setup connection)
- Wyze camera error code 0
- Wyze cam error code 27 (A client stops connecting to a device)
- Wyze cam error code 90 (Device offline or not connected to the server)
- Wyze cam error code 20010 (Invalid session channel)
- Wyze error code 20011 (Connection timed out)
- Wyze cam error code 10003 (Firmware operation failure)
- Wyze cam error code 20002 (Max number of channels reached)
- Wyze cam error code 20027 (Channel is being used by others)
- Wyze cam error code 10001.2 (Camera is being upgraded)
Out of all the errors, Wyze Cam error code 90 is the most common. If you are using Wyze Cam, then you are most likely to experience this error, and if you do, then you can easily fix it by replicating the following steps:
How To Fix Wyze Cam Error Code 90?
Before diving into the solution for this code, you must understand why this error occurs in the first place. There could be different reasons for this error to occur such as poor network connectivity or compatibility issues between your camera and handheld device.
Fixing Wyze Cam error code 90 is pretty simple, and you can do it by following these steps –
Reboot your camera and connect it again with the phone.
By rebooting your smartphone, you will be able to determine whether the compromise in the performance has something to do with the software of the camera or not. Once you reboot the camera and reconnect it with the smartphone, then you won’t have any issues connecting the camera to the device.
Check if your device is supported
You can take a look at the Wyze website and app pages to check if your device is compatible with the camera or not. If it is not, then you will have to switch to a different device. If the device turns out to be compatible, then proceed with the following steps.
Check your internet connection
You need to ensure a proper internet connection for your Wyze camera. If the internet connection is not proper, then restart the router or disconnect and reconnect your Wyze camera along with the device you are using. After that, you can pair both devices.
That should fix Wyze Cam error code 90, but in case, it doesn’t, then you should take the help of Wyze cam support. Not just this error, but if you encounter any other issue pertaining to Wyze Security Camera, then you can get in touch with Wyze help providers.