Most of the Roku streaming players require constant power supply through adapters that come with the packing. Alternatively, some players like Roku express, stick, and Roku Express+ can even power on with USB cable
You will find a white light on the front of your Roku express player which indicates whether your device is turned on or not. If you find that this light doesn’t turn on, then instead of searching for a solution, you can read the below-mentioned steps. This guide is for all those who are facing problem in turning on Roku Express model. If you are unable to watch videos, then you can follow the same steps.
If you have connected your Roku Express to the wall socket and getting the problem in turning it on, then the steps are mentioned here as under:
- Use the original power adapter: You are suggested to use the original power adapter that is included in the packing.
- If you are using an adapter of another Roku player which your family member has owned, then you may get this turning on problem.
- Attach the adapter properly: Unplug the power adapter from the power source and firmly connect it again to the power socket and to the Roku express.
- Try different power socket: There are chances that the power outlet you are using may be faulty. So, you must try connecting it to a different Another thing you can do is try connecting another electronic gadget to the same power outlet. If it turns on, then there is some problem with the Roku adapter. If your Roku has a power strip, then first remove it and then connect it to the power outlet.
- Check the light: Check the light if it is working or not. If you are still not being able to watch videos, then click on ‘Help’ link from Roku support page.
- Try USB port of your TV: Your Roku express supports USB power, so you can try connecting the player to the USB port of TV for powering it on.
If your Roku express still not turn on, then there is definitely a problem with power supply. You can go to nearby Roku store and get your power adapter checked from there. If your product is under warranty, then they will replace the adapter free of cost.
If you have connected the Roku express to the USB port on the TV, then the steps to troubleshoot the problem are:
- Use the USB cable which comes with the Roku player: You must ensure that you are using a standard USB cable for connecting the Roku to the TV. Use of spurious quality of cable may put you in trouble.
- Connect the USB cable firmly to the TV and the power connector on your Roku express.
- Try different port: If your TV includes more than one USB port, then try connecting the player to the different port. You can check if it is working or not. If there is insufficient power drawn at the USB port, then the videos will not start playing. You will get a warning message on a screen.
- Try using your Roku express on different TV: If possible, connect your Roku express to a different TV and check if the problem is solved or not.