Are you facing problem in streaming the HBO content on your VPN network? If yes, then this is normal and there’s nothing to worry. The popular channels like Hulu, HBO Go sometimes block VPN due to a security issue. In order to get back to the streaming experience, you need some tweaks.
The reasons behind this issue are uncertain. It can be any. We will discuss some here along with the solutions. If you find that the problem matches with your issue, then you can follow the same on your device. The first step to troubleshoot this problem is; restart your device and check if the problem is resolved or not. If not, then try the below-mentioned tweaks.
- VPN not connecting: If your VPN not connecting to the network, then try HBO directly through the website and check if it is streaming or not. If you are still getting the loading problem, then it means there is a problem with the HBO server or internet is not working properly.
- Username and password: If the network and the HBO streaming through the browser is OK, then you need to check the username and password of your VPN network. If you have forgotten the password, then you can easily recover it from the web page.
- Change ports: If some of the VPN ports are blocked due to a security issue, then you can try with other ports available on your device.
- Connect to a different network: Change the network mode from wireless to data pack if using on a mobile device or connect the device to another network if you are streaming through media streaming device.
- VPN keeps on disconnecting: Nothing can be more annoying than VPN disconnecting again and again on your computer or laptop. If you are facing the disconnecting problem, then try the following tips:
- Disable Firewall: The primary purpose of Firewall installed in your computer is to protect against online threats and viruses which may enter during the data flow in packets. The data coming in and out of the network is protected by Firewall. It will automatically block the malicious files if detected any on the network.
- Connect to next server: Try connecting the VPN to the next server available.
- Change protocols: Sometimes, some protocols used in VPN connection may create a problem. To fix it, you need to change the VPN from open to L2TP server or vice versa. If available, you can go with PPTP though this is less secure.
- Change DNS servers: We all know very well that every VPN has its own DNS service. If you are getting the problem with the DNS servers of VPN, then you can try using DNS settings of your network provider. Disable the VPN DNS settings and enable manually configured DNS settings.
- VPN crashing: Crashing problem is normal in VPN. If your VPN crashes once in a while, then you don’t need to take any troubleshooting step. Just wait for some minutes or try playing the content again but if it keeps on crashing again and again, then check the firmware version of VPN and update it. If it is already updated, then uninstall VPN and re-install it in your computer.