Every device needs to be activated at its initial stage same way we need to activate the Roku to start streaming. So today we have the step by step procedure to activate Roku
Whenever we bring a new Roku box, the first thing that comes to mind is that how to get started to make it work. Roku is a digital media player set top box that provides a less expensive way to watch TV whereas a regular television connection costs a lot more. It works with the help of internet. So to use Roku, you first need to create a Roku account and then start streaming by connecting to the Internet. Before starting the Roku activation, you need to make sure that Roku is properly connecting to an internet network and any output video device may be a computer, laptop, television, etc. Just go through the following procedure to make the connections.
Steps to connect Roku to an output video device.
- Connect the audio and video wires. The component cable is used for video, and the composite wire is used for audio.
- Insert the one end of Component cable to the video port of the output media device i.e. computer or television and insert the other end to the video port of Roku box
- Insert the one end of the composite wire to the audio port of the output media device i.e. computer or television and insert the other end to the audio port of Roku box.
Steps to do the network settings.
- First of all, decide whether you want to get a hard wired Internet connection or a wireless internet connection.
- For a wired connection, plug in one side of the Ethernet cable to the Internet port provided on Roku and put the other end into one of the open network port on your router.
- For a wireless connection, you will have to verify your internet network username and the passkey to get connected to your internet network.
Now, when we have completed the setup procedure, we will now proceed towards the main steps for activating the Roku.
Steps for activating Roku are as follows:
- Now as you are done with the initial setup, you might find a unique code for activation and a popup activation window on your video output device.
- Click on that popup window. It will direct you to the activation process. The popup window will ask you to visit the official website of Roku i.e. www.roku.com for activation. Also, visit www Roku Com Link for more activation procedures for Roku devices.
- When you open the site, it will ask you to enter the unique code for activation that you received on you output screen. So enter that code and press “Enter.”
- If in case that unique code is rejected then take up your Roku remote control pointing it towards your output screen and press “help” from help menu you can ask for generating a new unique activation code. After getting the new Unique Code use it for activation. Note that every unique Code has a life cycle which consists of a short period. So it’s recommended to use the Code just within one minute of its generation.
- Once you are done with the acceptance of that unique code for activation, you now need to decide the mode of making a payment that you would prefer i.e. credit or debit card.
- You would now be asked to enter a valid preferred card number. So enter a valid card number.
- After this, you need to provide some of your Personal details like your full name, address, country you live in and your mobile no. So fill all these fields and press “Continue” to proceed further. Note if you don’t want to share your Personal details you can click on “skip” button to move to next phase.
- Now you are directed to a window where you have a list of channels. Select multiple channels that you would like to watch through the Roku box. After you have selected the channels, press “Continue” button.
Now you can start streaming the content using your Roku box. For more help related to Roku, please visit www Roku Com Support and get the detailed troubleshooting steps for all Roku problems.