Roku has brought back a popular app, which went missing for past many weeks. Twitch app is the name of the app and it is being widely used by Roku users. The app basically belongs to the Amazon, and it is up to Amazon as to what needs to be done with the app. There is some information regarding the Twitch app turning into Twitched Roku channel, but it is not sure. Let us find out what this whole scenario is and how will it benefit Roku users.
HBO has two services, one is called HBO GO and another is called HBO Now. Both offer HBO content, but which one should you opt for? This is what we are going to discuss because if we know the difference between HBO Go and HBO Now, then we will be able to choose the right service.
Time Warner Cable has been an old name in the world of entertainment. The company has produced a countless number of movies and TV shows for the audience from all around the world. Whenever people want to see something spectacular like Westworld, Game of Thrones or some other top TV show, then they know where to hook up to.
HBO is the platform that will provide them with their daily dose of entertainment. But, the company has created a bit of a confusion by launching two different apps into the market. Both apps offer HBO content, but people are confused as to which app they should be opting for.
This blog post will act as a source of new information for HBO users who are looking to find a solution to the confusion that has been created by HBO GO and HBO Now apps. The difference between these apps will give a clarity to the people as to which service they should be using. So, without any further ado, let us discuss the difference between the two services.
HBO GO Vs HBO Now: What’s the difference?
There is one small feature that differs the two apps, but that feature is of quite a significance. HBO Go app takes advantage of an existing HBO subscription, but when it comes to HBO Now, you will find that it is a standalone service.
If you wish to watch contents from HBO network and are willing to subscribe to HBO through a cable or satellite TV, then you will be needing HBO GO app. But, if you wish to watch your favorite TV shows and movies, etc., that HBO has to offer, but without subscribing to any cable or satellite service, then you can get HBO Now.
There is no difference in both service as far as content is concerned. You will get access to all that HBO has to offer to its users. You can even get access to live broadcasts and a huge range of back catalog of hit movies as well as original shows.
HBO Go is not going to cost you anything, as you have paid for the subscription of cable or satellite TV service. So, whatever your cable or satellite TV service operator demands, you will have to pay it. On the other hand, HBO Now being a sole service will cost you $15 per month.
Back in the day, HBO Now was not as widely available as HBO Go, but things have changed now. Both apps are now available everywhere. It is also possible for you to access both services on a wide range of devices such as Roku, PC, PlayStation, Google Chromecast, Android-based devices, Android TV, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV and not to forget iOS.
In order to get a gamut of HBO’s content, you have two most common ways from which you can opt one, i.e., either get HBO Go or HBO Now. But, there are other ways of accessing contents of HBO as well. These are; PlayStation Vue, Amazon Channels, and Sling TV. You can get HBO on these platforms as well by paying a nominal charge of $15 per month. There is no significant benefit of having these add-ons except HBO Now, but if you use PlayStation Vue, Amazon or Sling TV, then you can get all your content in one place.
Roku is the best streaming player in the market of digital media streaming player. You can play content from different entertainment channels on your Roku player. It will act as a medium between your channel and the TV. All you have to do is just activate your player on HBO GO then start streaming the content from your app. Here we are talking about HBO channel. You can download any channel of your choice in Roku app.
Today, we will discuss the steps to improve the video quality of content and how to troubleshoot the playback problem on Roku. It is important to mention here that to enjoy seamless HBO streaming service, you require a high-speed internet connection. The speed of internet depends on the type of subscription you have opted. If you have subscribed to the premium pack, then you will definitely get high-speed internet and able to watch 4K quality videos on HBO Go activate device screen. On another hand, if your video keeps on buffering or taking too much time to play, then there is definitely a problem with the network.
The steps to improve the performance of your internet connection and the quality of video have been discussed here as under. You must read all the steps carefully and perform them according to your requirement or whichever suits you. For more help and support related to HBO content, you can go to ‘HBO activate’ link.
- Check the internet speed first: If you want to enjoy seamless video streaming on your TV, then a high-speed internet connection is required. If you don’t know the current speed of your internet at home, then you can go to speed test link and check the network speed from there. If you find any problem, then you can call your internet service provider. If the speed of the internet is Ok and you are still getting the problem, then troubleshoot your HBO channel from HBO go help
- Restart all the devices: You must restart all the devices like Roku, Modem, and Unplug your devices and reconnect it to power supply after a gap of 30 seconds. Check if the problem of playback has been resolved or not. If not, then call at HBO support number displayed on the top of our support page.
- Try these additional tips: You will find some useful tips related to Roku streaming on the Roku official page even. Some of the best tips include; uninstall the channel which is creating a problem and re-install it from the app store. You need to activate the channel again by getting into HBO Go activate the link. If you are getting the problem with any channel other than HBO, then you can contact us. With Roku app installed on your phone, you can enjoy as many channels as you want on your Roku streaming player.
- Use Ethernet cable for connecting to the network: To enhance the performance and speed of the network, it is recommended to use the wired network in place of the wireless network. To connect to the wired network you have to go through the below-mentioned
- Go to Settings.
- Open ‘Network’.
- Click on ‘Wired network’.
- Press ‘Ok’.
If you have purchased any other model of Roku premiere segment device and don’t know the characteristics and supportability of it, then you can go to Roku com link or keep reading this post. You will come to know about this on your own. If your TV is an old model and has HDMI port on it, then you can connect your Roku to it but the 4K compatibility can’t be estimated with this port.
We recommend you to always use High-speed HDMI cable for watching high-quality videos. To watch 4K videos, a premium quality of HDMI is required.
How to configure Roku Premiere
- To start configuring Roku premiere on your TV, you need to open www Roku com support link and follow the guided instructions.
- While performing the steps, if you find a problem in understanding the terms, you can get help from Roku help
- Select language: To select language, Switch on ‘Roku’ and go to language settings menu. This menu will appear on the top of the screen when the welcome screen appears.
- Scroll up and down to select the language of your choice. You can select it with the help of Roku remote.
- When you select the language, you will start getting the subtitles in the same language.
Connect to the network
- After successfully connecting Roku to TV, you are now required to connect it to the wireless network.
- Open the network settings from the Roku remote and search for nearby wireless networks. You will find the SSID of your network from the list of networks available.
- Click on the home network and enter the password for the same. If you want the password to be displayed on the screen, then click on ‘Show password’.
- Once connected, wait for some time until the device gets refreshed and fetch updates from the official page.
Select display option
- Now, select the type of resolution you are comfortable with. If you want to change the resolution to 4K, then your TV must support this format. To set the display option automatically. You can click on ‘Auto-detect’ page.
Create an account on Roku page and enter Roku link code for your device
- For successful activation of the device, you need a device activation code which you will get only after signing up for Roku account setup.
- The stepwise instructions will start appearing on the screen. You need to follow them as it is for activating the device. Go to Roku link from your computer and click to get an activation code. Select the device from the list.
- Now enter the code on the TV screen with the help of Roku remote.
- A successful message will then appear on the screen.
Completing the setup: To complete a setup, click ‘Finish’. Start streaming the content of your choice from the Roku feed or store.
The steps to remove or add the favorite channels in the Roku channel list are very simple. It just needs your attention and carefulness. You can easily edit the channel list from the Roku device with the help of Roku remote or with the help of a smartphone. If you want to remove through Roku app, then there is a need to go to Roku com link. Now coming to the point, we are going to explain the steps for removing the channel from Roku player.
Before canceling the channel from the store, you need to first check the channel subscription of that channel on the Roku channel. If you have subscribed to the channel, then unsubscribe it first and then follow the below mentioned steps.
- Open the Roku official page from the web browser of your smartphone.
- Login to the ‘Roku account’ with the available username and password.
- Click on ‘Manage subscriptions’ Menu.
If you cancel the subscription before the completion of the billing cycle, then the channel will keep on running until the end of the cycle. You can’t remove before the end cycle of your Roku player.
Now, the steps to remove the channel from the Roku channel store are given here as follows:
- Click the home button of remote and check the channel in the list you want to remove.
- Press ‘X’ button of remote and open the options. You will find the cancel option on the screen.
- Click to remove it from the list.
- Tap ‘OK’ to submit.
Steps to remove the channel from Roku channel store
- When you remove the channel, the very first step is to press the home button of remote and go to list of streaming channels.
- Search the particular channel you want to delete.
- Tap on a channel to open the further details.
- You will find ‘delete’ option here. Click on it to delete the channel.
- The channel will now get deleted. If you find any problem, then you can take help from Roku setup and support page.
Steps to remove the channel from the mobile app
If you wish to remove the channel from the Roku app, then it must be ensured that Roku app is installed in the smartphone. The steps are discussed here as under:
- Open the Roku app and open the ‘Channels’ with the help of menus.
- Click and hold the channel icon until you get the options for it. The different options will then displayed on the screen.
- Click on ‘Remove’ option and submit it.
- You might be prompted for this action. You need to double check it.
- If you find that Roku channel is not available on the list, then you need to perform ‘Roku update’ on mobile.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to change the position of Roku channel within the channel feed.
We want to mention here that when you install any channel on your Roku player, then it keeps on adding in a line one after another. For every channel, you get a Roku link code which you require for activation purpose. In case you want to move the channel from one position to another, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the channel from the Roku remote.
- Press the directional buttons and tap on the channels you want to swap.
- You will find asterisk button. This is used to move the channel.
- Press to confirm the move.
If you still find any problem, then feel free to contact us.
There is something in Roku Streaming Stick that makes it so wonderful for binge-watchers. Let us find out what it is in Roku streaming stick that entices people and compels them to buy it. Reviewing this device would give all prospective buyers a good opportunity to take an in-depth look at this device to make the decision whether they should buy this streaming stick or not.
Those were the days of the big box like structures like Roku2 and authentication via a link using Roku com link when TV viewing was nothing short of pain. With the inception of stick-like structure, Roku stick was first among many to follow. Roku Stick-2 covers all the aspects of Roku stick while also overpowering all its downsides. Much of this information presented here is from Roku com, so it is completely reliable.
The best part about this stick is how small yet powerful it is. There are no compromises on this thing including multi-factor authentication using Roku link code. This stick is eight times as powerful as original Roku stick. It has a quad-core processor offering a lag free and buttery experience. It also brings back the iconic click mechanism remote control. Not to forget, amazing support from Roku help framework.
There are many out there who would still want to use their smartphones as remote and they surely can. But using a smartphone as a remote simply means you are watching more towards the controller than TV itself. It has a dedicated remote which works with Wi-Fi. It simply means that you can point it anywhere but operations will be unhindered as confirmed from www Roku com support. The remote will ensure that only time you need your smartphone is to fill up Roku link code while activating your Roku stick for the first time. The remote is fully functional.
It also supports some features like private listening which can be enabled via Roku setup. Wired headphones can be used to do so. Wireless headphones can also be used but they have their downside of latency and incompatibility. To control Roku streaming stick from smartphone we can install an app.
This stick can be powered in many ways. We can connect it to the external power supply via power brick. It will ensure that whenever you switch off TV the stick will be ON. Further, we can also power it via USB in which it will be plugged. Its boot up time is also extremely low.
Roku surely is better than all major competitors because of many factors. First of all, it costs a mere 50$. Roku 2 itself, which has an additional Ethernet port costs $70. Secondly, among all major competitors such as Amazon, Google, and Apple, Roku has the highest number of streaming channels and apps. There are only a few apps missing from Roku. Lastly, Roku account setup is easy, unlike others. It offers a great flexibility and allows easy addition of services like Hulu and Netflix.
Roku has its patented search system which lets you search from more than 30 different services. It’s the most among any streaming service provider. It also shows if any service provider is giving free shows. It is fully customisable. We can move apps around and can also remove them if we don’t need them an only device which reaches a bit close to Roku in all these features is Apple TV and we all know the price gap.
Roku also provides services like hotel and dorm connect. It also allows us to follow TV shows and movies. Besides being inexpensive and giving a great return on your investment, if you want the best services in this field, just buy a Roku Stick-2 immediately.
It is understandable that a person who is looking forward to watching his/her favorite content on HBO comes across a blank screen or video playback issues, then he/she is not going to feel good. HBO doesn’t get malfunction that frequently, but when it does, people should have the option of getting it fixed in a quick time.
HBO Go is a wonderful streaming app that contains all the contents broadcasted on HBO network. But, when the screen goes blank after launching HBO GO app or when video playback error is displayed, then things get a little topsy-turvy. We in this blog post will try to find how to get rid of this problem in the simplest of the ways.
The first and the easiest way to troubleshoot this problem if your HBOGo activate device has stopped working suddenly is:
- Exit all the windows on your computer and restart them.
- Sign onto www hbogo.com and try watching videos again.
If the problem of the blank screen still exists, then you need to go through the below-mentioned fixing steps.
Step 1: Check the browser firmware version
HBO Go streaming service supports only limited number of browsers for casting the contents on your computer. The complete list of the browser is available on the website. You can check it on the HBO go help link as well. If you have installed more than one browser on your PC, then try playing the movies through a different browser. Before playing the contents, you need to check the firmware version of the browser. If you are using HBO GO Roku, then you should check the firmware version of your Roku device as well.
Step 2: Clear browser cache
Occasionally, clearing the old files and cache from the system may fix the video playback problem. To clear the cache from the system, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- To clear the cache on your Chrome browser, simply go to help link and type ‘clear cache’ in the search field. The whole process will then get displayed on the screen.
- Close the browser after step one and restart your browser again.
- Again activate your service by clicking on HBOGo com activate link and try playing videos again.
Step 3: Flash player and browser settings
- This must be ensured that latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed in your browser. If you are not sure with the version, then you can go to official Adobe player page. Check for updates from there and click on ‘update’ option if it is not grayed
- All the third party cookies must be enabled on your computer and your browser plugins must be installed properly. Any missing plugin will result in video playback problem. Do turn off the private or incognito mode of your browser. If any other plug-in or add-ins are installed in your browser that is not related to the adobe flash player, then disable it or uninstall them.
- After changing the configurations of your browser, close it and restart it. Use HBO Go account now and start playing videos now.
Step 4: Clear all the flash player cache
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear the cache of Adobe flash player:
- Right-click on the paused video and click on ‘Global settings’.
- Open the storage panel of your web page from the ‘Settings manager’.
- Delete all the old pages of your web link and click ‘ok’ to confirm it.
- Close the browser and launch it again.
- If the problem is solved, then it’s ok otherwise, go to HBO GO help and support link for further troubleshooting and diagnosis.
Step 5: Reset License Files of Flash player
After you register your device on HBO Go link, there is no need to deactivate or reset your HBO settings, simply reset your flash player files from your PC. These are available under ‘Protected contents’ sections of your flash player settings. If the problem is still not resolved, then do try the following steps on different browsers:
- Flash player for Firefox.
- Adobe flash player for Google Chrome.
- Videos playback issue in internet explorer.
If you are using HBO Go Apple TV, then the steps get changed a bit, so get in touch with HBO GO help and support providers to know the process of playing HBO GO on Apple TV.
Many people are not aware of the fact that anti-piracy protocols are added into the HDMI cable from the factory. This not just enhances the viewing experience but also prevents piracy. Let us discuss today how to fix HDCP unauthorized Roku errors that could arise in the HDMI cable. Roku is connected to the TV using an HDMI cable, and any issue in the HDMI cable could disrupt the streaming.
Where does HDCP crackdown?
Now we will discuss how the HDMI HDCP works and where it breaks down. The working of HDCP is quite easy to understand. There is one authorizing body that grants licenses to the HDCP based devices. All the HDCP based devices like Xbox, Roku, and Blu-ray players have their individual license and with this, they can communicate with the output device through HDMI cable. Roku has its own license for its services. If the issue of Roku HDCP unauthorized content disabled doesn’t get resolved, then kindly take help from an expert.
The outputting device i: e, TV you can say will display a Hey message and ask you whether you are HDCP enabled or not. If yes then you have to show the license to the compliant device. Although, this whole process happens within a short span of time so you will not able to notice it. When you switch on the Roku device, then it starts communicating with the available HDTV via HDMI HDCP.
Sometimes, when everything is done perfectly by the users and all the things are up to the mark but you are still not able to stream the videos. This failure in streaming the videos is due to the compliance issues. If any of the device within the chain doesn’t comply with the HDCP specifications. The HDCP instructions for Roku media players are available on Roku com link.
Take for example: If you are using an old HDTV at home that does not support HDCP then you cannot watch HDCP contents on it. You will get a blank screen on your TV even if after connecting the Chromecast, Roku or Blu-ray to the TV. In other words, we can say that you will get HDCP Error message on your screen.
So if you are trying to hook-up the old monitor with Roku player to watch high definition contents, then it is impossible. You just need to connect the streaming player with the HDCP supported projector, in order to cast the contents on the big screen.
How to solve HDCP problem
We all know that buying a new TV set only for this thing is not a worth. We cannot overlook our old TV just for the sake of HDCP support. Because if you are going to purchase an HDCP compliant HDTV, then you will have to pay the big amount from your hard earned money. This looks totally absurd. The only way to solve this problem is by purchasing the HDCP supported device like Roku that has its own Roku technical support team in case of any help. Just log onto www support Roku com for any help regarding this HDCP issue.
If your pocket doesn’t allow you to purchase a new TV or gaming console, then there is another best option for you to deal with HDCP Support problem. You can purchase HDMI splitter that is economical in price and overlook HDCP requests.
We advise you to use 1×2 powered 2 port HDMI splitter. Because there are some HDMI splitters that not even support the HDMI contents although you paid a high price for it. You can go to the official website of Amazon to read the reviews for different models of splitters during purchasing and comparison of two splitters. If you are using a Roku player, then the HDMI supported splitter can be checked from official Amazon link.
To connect the splitter, simply plug the splitter between the display device and the media streaming player. The configurations for connecting the splitter with the Roku device can be checked on Roku com link. Go check those now!
Having a Roku player at home means that there is nothing else you require to fulfill your entertainment related needs. Roku opens up a new door of entertainment for you, a world, which you have never seen ever before. But, Roku is not a flawless device and can malfunction at times. Those who are using Roku have faced a number of errors in the past, out of which, error P6 is the most common one. Let us discuss ways to fix this error.
There are many self-proclaimed Roku support websites who suggest Roku users perform a factory reset. As we all know that performing a factory reset is going to remove everything that you have added and saved on your Roku device. Every channel, every modification, and settings that you have done would have been lost. But, since you don’t have to do a factory reset, no settings would be lost and all your information is saved. There is no need to go to Roku help and support for any assistance.
If you want to know how to resolve P6 Error, then here are some steps that you will have to follow:
Step 1: I’m assuming that you have turned on your Roku device and you are on the home screen, so you need to press a few buttons in the same order in which I’ll mention them. Here are the buttons: Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right. Don’t look at the screen because there will be weird messages. Press the button quickly.
Step 2: Once you press all the buttons, you will have to press ‘OK’, as it will enable the installer, and after that, the device will restart. The next part is to enable the developer mode and when you do so, you will be asked to enter the password. As you don’t know what the password would be, so set a new password. With this, the device will go into the developer mode. Also, the Roku device will reboot.
Step 3: You are again going to see the home screen, and when you do, follow the procedure of ‘Step 1’ because you will have to go to the developer settings screen.
Step 4: Now, press OK to disable the installer. This will also reboot the device and take it out of the developer mode. Now, the Time Warner Cable app is going to work, and your ‘P6 Error’ is now resolved.
Now, there is another issue that people have been facing in Roku device and i.e., ‘Purple Video Screen’. Here is how you can get rid of this issue once and for all, that too, without going to Roku com link.
Step 1: Start with unplugging the power of the Roku player.
Step 2: After that, unplug the HDMI cable from the Roku player.
Step 3: The same thing needs to be done for TV. Plug out the HDMI cable from the back of your television.
Step 4: The next thing would be, unplugging the power cable from the television.
Step 5: Hold on for a minute and then, put the power cable back on the TV and turn the TV on.
Step 6: Connect HDMI cable to Roku as well as the TV.
Step 7: Power up your Roku now. You don’t have to enter any Roku link code like many companies would mention in their troubleshooting process.
The problem of the purple screen is gone, and your Roku device will work normally. If there is any issue, then log onto www support Roku com. They are the ones who will resolve the issue in the best way.
If you think that there is a problem in your Roku account after the whole process that we discussed above, then you can perform Roku account setup again.
If you are aware of this thing then it’s well and good if not, then also there is no need to worry. We are talking about Smart search feature which is coming with the Roku remotes here. You can now open the menu and other functions of your Roku with your voice command. You just need a Remote with voice functionality or a voice-based app installed in your Roku setup.
Another point of concern here is that this feature is accessible only from U.S country. If you are living in U.S, then only you will able to enjoy it.
How to get the voice app for Roku player?
To download the app in your Roku app, you need to visit the official play store or iTunes on your Android or iOS-based smartphone. Search for the app and start downloading it. Once the downloading gets completed, install it by reading the on-screen instructions. If you find any problem, you can take support from www Roku com support link.
How do I check whether my Roku remote is voice enhanced or not?
This is another big question which comes to your mind that whether you’re Roku remote supports the voice feature or not. To find it out, you can either check it online from the Roku help link or check the Mic if available on Roku remote or not. If you find the magnifying glass icon on the Roku remote, then it means the remote supports the voice function.
What can you search with voice commands?
You can search all the below mentioned features and functions through your voice.
- Search for a particular title: If you want to watch the particular show and episode of that particular show, then you can do so with the help of your voice.
- Search on the basis of actor or director: If you want to watch the latest or upcoming serials or programs of your favorite director, then simply speak the name of the director in the mic. All the results will get displayed on the screen at once. You don’t need to take support from Roku link code.
- You can search your favorite movies according to the genre as well. Just speak the type of genre you want to enjoy.
- If you want to swap across the channels, then it will be easy for you through voice search. Just speak the name of the channel. If it doesn’t get receipted, then there is some problem with the Roku account setup. You need to go to account setup page.
Besides this, you can also control the playback mode, broadcasting channel list and smart guide function with your voice. All you need to do is just pick up the remote and place it in front of your mouth.
How to use the Roku enhanced voice remote?
- Lift the remote in your hand and place the upper part in the up direction.
- Bring it close to the mouth. The distance between the Mic on the remote and the mouth should be less than six inches.
- Press the mic button and start speaking.
- Release the mic button once the voice command is transmitted.
How to troubleshoot the voice recognition issue?
If your voice is not getting recognized by the Roku remote, then it means there is some problem with the speech or the receiver is not receiving the command properly. You can troubleshoot it by calling at Roku support number. The support team will help you in fixing the voice recognition problem.