Login and Setup Sagemcom Wireless Communication Router
Sagemcom is a French company that develops state of the art devices in the field of communication and at the same time provide solutions for the networking devices. Recently, the company has developed a new router that has amazing speed and can be used for business purposes. If you own a small business and want a networking solution, then this DSL router will be proven helpful for you. The name of this router is 1704 Windstream.
If you own this company router and want to configure on the existing network or change the username or password, then the steps are discussed here as under. We have tried to explain the steps and other information in a simplified manner so that it can be understood by a normal user.
You need the below-mentioned things to log in to the router page.
- The login credentials are given on the box of your router. You can check from the guided manual of your router as well.
- The router must be connected to the home network which is previously installed.
How to login to the router?
- Launch web browser: You first need to connect the router to the computer using the Ether cable and check that the network is enabled on it. Open the web browser and type the IP address 22.214.171.124 in the URL address space field.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Enter the login details: Once the page gets opened on successful authentication of the IP address, you are required to enter the username and the password. Enter the default username and password. If you are configuring the router for the first time, then enter the default credentials written on the box or on the hardware. The common and valid login credentials work on almost all router models are:
- Configuring the Sagemcom router login details: After entering the login details, you need to configure the wireless settings of your router. Enter the default settings or it may sometimes fetch automatically. If you are getting a problem with the network, contact the ISP. They will resolve the problem over the phone call or send the technical representative to your location.
Under the configuration page, you can change the SSID, password, and network type and security settings of your router. Apart from this, you can also change the router’s connection settings. There are tabs like firewall settings, system settings and status pages that can be opened anytime and configured according to your preference. There are other things like transmission rate, IP address, and bandwidth which can be changed from the user’s end.
How to change the username and the password?
- Your password must contain one special and alphanumeric character.
- The password should be a minimum of 8 characters long and not easy to remember.
- Username should be easy and simple.
- If possible write down the username and password at someplace, so that you can easily retrieve it in the future.
- Change the SSID of your router: It stands for service set identifier which is visible on the wireless device you are going to connect to the router. A router is identified by its particular SSID. If you don’t change the default SSID of your router, then it can be easily predicted by anyone. As per the expert’s suggestion, the SSID of your router must be changed right after the initial setup. The steps to change the SSID are simple and can be asked by our experts. Things to keep in mind while changing the SSID
- It should be short and simple.
- Don’t make it swanky
- Don’t use any personal information inside it.
- Secure your Sagemcom router settings: After successful login, you will find the ‘Security’ page on the dashboard from where you can alter the settings. In the encryption settings, you need to select WPA2-PSK in which the passkey is required to connect to the internet. This is a standard security type used by almost 90% of the users.
Fix to common problems
- 192.168.245.254 won’t load
If you are getting this problem with the router setup, then it is primarily due to two reasons. One can be due to the IP address that doesn’t respond to the Sagemcom router. If the IP address entered is wrong, then the router will not respond to the IP address. Re-check the address or contact the router manufacturer to get this confirmed.
- 192.168.245.245 takes too long to respond
This issue takes place at the next level. Either there is a problem with the hardware which is sending the IP request over the internet or the connection is not proper on the router. In the first case, you can reset the router or if the issue is still not resolved, then contact the router experts and get it resolved from the technical experts who have long years of experience in this field.
- 192.168.245.254 doesn’t work
If the said IP address doesn’t work at all, then check the address carefully. Maybe you have entered the wrong IP address. Get this confirmed from the box or the router manual. If you have changed the IP address earlier, then reset it to default using the simple steps mentioned on-screen.
What if the router stops working after changing the settings?
In case you made some changes to the settings you are not well-versed with and router stops working all of a sudden, then perform the easy function i: e, hard reset. When you hard reset it, all the system settings will come to default and you can log in using the default login username and password.
How to change the wireless settings of the Sagemcom router?
- Open a web browser and enter the URL of your router login. You can also enter the IP address directly on the top of the address space.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Go to the ‘Connection hub’ and select the username.
- Click ‘Ok’ after selecting the username.
- Press ‘Wireless’.
- Change the SSID by deleting the current SSID. Enter the new network name twice to confirm.
- To change the password, enter the new password twice and press ok.
- Click ‘Save’ to update the network settings.
- Start connecting the wireless devices using the new SSID and password.
Changing the IP address of your Sagemcom router
The LAN IP is also called the initial IP that lets you connect to the web-interface of your router. A router has 2 IP addresses, one is internal and another is external. The external IP address is provided by the ISP and can’t be changed from your end. To change the IP address of your router, go to the local IP page and follow on-screen instructions. Press the existing IP address in the ‘Old IP’ box and new IP address in the new box. Don’t forget to apply changes at the end of the page by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
Reboot the router after changing the IP address to reflect the changes successfully.
In this manner, you can make changes to the router settings and configure the Sagemcom router using the login interface. In case you find any trouble, feel free to contact the router experts who are dedicated to solving the problem conveniently and instantly.