If you are aware of this thing then it’s well and good if not, then also there is no need to worry. We are talking about Smart search feature which is coming with the Roku remotes here. You can now open the menu and other functions of your Roku with your voice command. You just need a Remote with voice functionality or a voice-based app installed in your Roku setup.
Another point of concern here is that this feature is accessible only from U.S country. If you are living in U.S, then only you will able to enjoy it.
How to get the voice app for Roku player?
To download the app in your Roku app, you need to visit the official play store or iTunes on your Android or iOS-based smartphone. Search for the app and start downloading it. Once the downloading gets completed, install it by reading the on-screen instructions. If you find any problem, you can take support from www Roku com support link.
How do I check whether my Roku remote is voice enhanced or not?
This is another big question which comes to your mind that whether you’re Roku remote supports the voice feature or not. To find it out, you can either check it online from the Roku help link or check the Mic if available on Roku remote or not. If you find the magnifying glass icon on the Roku remote, then it means the remote supports the voice function.
What can you search with voice commands?
You can search all the below mentioned features and functions through your voice.
- Search for a particular title: If you want to watch the particular show and episode of that particular show, then you can do so with the help of your voice.
- Search on the basis of actor or director: If you want to watch the latest or upcoming serials or programs of your favorite director, then simply speak the name of the director in the mic. All the results will get displayed on the screen at once. You don’t need to take support from Roku link code.
- You can search your favorite movies according to the genre as well. Just speak the type of genre you want to enjoy.
- If you want to swap across the channels, then it will be easy for you through voice search. Just speak the name of the channel. If it doesn’t get receipted, then there is some problem with the Roku account setup. You need to go to account setup page.
Besides this, you can also control the playback mode, broadcasting channel list and smart guide function with your voice. All you need to do is just pick up the remote and place it in front of your mouth.
How to use the Roku enhanced voice remote?
- Lift the remote in your hand and place the upper part in the up direction.
- Bring it close to the mouth. The distance between the Mic on the remote and the mouth should be less than six inches.
- Press the mic button and start speaking.
- Release the mic button once the voice command is transmitted.
How to troubleshoot the voice recognition issue?
If your voice is not getting recognized by the Roku remote, then it means there is some problem with the speech or the receiver is not receiving the command properly. You can troubleshoot it by calling at Roku support number. The support team will help you in fixing the voice recognition problem.