You can easily perform the reset function on your Sagemcom router for free either by using the reset button or using the web-based configuration utility. If the default username and the password are not known to you, you won’t be able to update the security settings nor can you access the current settings. Yes, if you don’t know the username and password, then you must reset it.
Using the Reset button to reset Sagemcom 5260 router
This is the easiest and simplest method of resetting the router. All you need to do is press the reset button. When you perform the reset function, it deletes all the information related to internet settings from the device.
Steps to reset router using button are:
- Check if the router is currently turned on and is plugged into the power supply or not.
- Locate the reset button on your router. It is mostly on the back or bottom of the router.
- Press the button using the paperclip or pin.
- Keep it pressed for 10 seconds until you find the power light starts blinking.
- The router will now restart and the reset function is completed.
Note: When you reset the Sagemcom router, it doesn’t reset or downgrade the firmware version which is currently installed on it. However, it will change the settings like IP address, username, and DNS to factory defaults.
Reset using the web-based configuration utility
This is another way of resetting the router through the web browser. Though this process is simple but can be complicated for those who don’t know the default IP address of the router login. There is no need to download any app or tool for a reset using the web-based configuration utility.
After this reset, all the wireless settings and internet settings like IP address, password, and username will set to defaults.
Steps to reset the router using web-based utility:
- First of all, launch any web browser on your computer.
- After this, connect the router to the computer and enter the default IP address of the router.
- In the next window, you will be prompted to enter the username and password.
- Click on the ‘Reset’ option.
- When you press the reset button, the device will start rebooting.
- The device is now reset and settings are now set to defaults.
- Login using the default username and the password.
Login details for Sagemcom Fast 5260 router: All the routers don’t have the same login credentials. So, enter the username and password carefully before submitting it online. If the default IP, username, and password are not working in your case, then access the interface using the address 192.168.1.254. For username and password, check the sticker pasted on the back of the hardware.
- Before opening the IP address, the router must be turned on and is connected to the computer.
- You can connect the client device to the router either using a wireless or wired medium
- Now, enter the IP address in the URL address line and press ‘Enter’.
- You will find the same login screen, where the default username is to be entered.
- Enter the password twice to confirm that you are not a robot.
This is how you can reset the Sagemcom router. If you have queries related to Sagemcom Router Login then, visit our website or call us on our helpline number.