Netflix is one of the best platforms for streaming movies and videos through subscribed service. If you have registered yourself on Netflix, then you can use the Netflix on your devices by installing the app.
Once you install Netflix app on windows, you can easily watch movie from hundreds of option available on screen. If you have not subscribed to the service yet, then it is the right time to grab this opportunity, just grab it for free for first month trial. If you wish to continue after that you can pay for that service.
As we know Netflix is world Class Company and is known for delivering the promised services on time. Now, Netflix app is further updating its app to make it more stable and reliable. However, at some point of time, you may encounter some technical glitch or may face some errors on your app screen like ‘0x80240014’. These serious errors must be fixed as early as possible, otherwise it may lead to further issue. Now, we are going to give some tips to avoid or remove this error code from Netflix app screen.
This error has been faced by number of windows 10 OS users. People in the complaint forum have written that they are not being able to download and install the Netflix app from windows app store.
People have tried to solve this problem on their own but didn’t get success. Some have even stopped using the Netflix services on their windows 10 as they are highly disappointed with the services provided to them.
How to fix Error ‘0x80240014’?
This error occurs due to ‘Windows inability to read the installation’. The problem is not with the windows itself that is why people are not paying much attention to this error code.
To see whether the Netflix app is configured properly on computer or not. You can open ‘Command prompt’ and type ‘Explorer shell’ in it. You will have to click on ‘Apps folder’. From here, you need to go to ‘Netflix app’. Double click on it to open it. Enter the login details and sign-in to the account. Netflix will now get launched.
If you find that Netflix folder is not available in the ‘Apps folder’ then you don’t need to worry. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem:
- Run windows Store Troubleshooter: If you are getting problem with the Netflix app installed in the windows, then you can open windows own troubleshooter to check for possible issues. This tool is available by default in windows 10 OS. If not, then you can download it from the Netflix website.
- Run SFC scan: Installation of app probably get blocked due to corrupted file or system. For this, you can run SFC scan to detect and remove the files from the system.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the search menu to open the command prompt. Run it as an ‘Admin’.
- Type the following command in the box: sfc/scan now and press ‘Enter’.
- Install the latest software updates on Windows.
Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and security’. After this, go to ‘Check for updates’. Install the pending updates.
We hope the steps mentioned above will definitely fix the problem. If you are still having any doubt or query to ask, then feel free to contact Netflix support team.