The white light blinking on the Xfinity WiFi Router means a problem with internet connectivity. When the Wi-Fi connection is partially established, you will see a continuous blinking, indicating that something is wrong with the internet connection.
However, you should not confuse the blinking with the firmware update process where the light blinks too, but the blinking that appears when the internet connectivity is poor is different. Let’s find out how to fix the problem of blinking light on the Xfinity Router in the quickest ways.
On the router, you will see power light and online light, and on a fully functioning router, these lights will glow full bright. If you see that the power light is blinking, then the router is out of power. Similarly, if the online light shudders, then that means you are not online. If you see solid power and online lights along with blinking lights on other LEDs, then that means the router is working fine. If you see the lights blinking, then it means, the Wi-Fi is currently being used.
Reasons for Xfinity Wi-Fi light to blink
- Service Outage – In case, the service is down from the ISP side, then you will see the light to blink frequently. In this situation, you will have to wait until the issue is resolved from the ISP side.
- Splitter problem – The role of a splitter is to divide the incoming connection into two or three links, which are, Wi-Fi, phone, and TV. If the splitter doesn’t work properly, then it will be harmful for your internet connection.
- Loose Wires – If the wires to the Xfinity Router are not properly connected, then you will face blinking lights issue.
- Defects in the modem – If the device is out of order, then it can cause issues with the Wi-Fi connectivity. Power surges can cause the modem or router to lose its productivity and functionality, hence preventing internet connectivity from establishing correctly.
How to fix the light blinking issue on Xfinity Router?
Follow these solutions to fix the Xfinity router light blinking issue:
1. Re-initializing the modem – You need to power cycle your modem/router, and for that, you can follow these steps:
- Unplug the router from the power supply.
- Press and hold the power button on the router.
- Plug the router back to the power outlet.
2. Direct Plugging – Instead of using a splitter, you should connect the main cable directly to the router.
3. Fixing Xfinity Internet Connection when Us/Ds lights don’t stop blinking – If the router’s light continues to blink continuously, then follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to restore your internet connection properly:
- Check for the service interruption.
- On your smartphone, launch the ‘Xfinity’ app.
- Login to your Comcast account.
- Click on the option that says, ‘Check for the link of Service interruptions’.
If the problem fails to solve, then you will have to get in touch with technical experts for a quick and reliable solution to the problem. We also assist in the Xfinity Router Login process. Check our website for more details.