Issues in a streaming app usually get fixed on their own, but when they don’t, then it becomes your duty to fix those issues before they inflict more damages to your account and/or device. If you are dealing with ‘service error’, then you can follow the steps given in the post below.
There is nothing worse than facing a SERVICE ERROR in a streaming app, especially when that app is HBO GO If you are getting a Service Error when trying to access HBO GO, then you shouldn’t think as if you don’t have any option to fix this issue because you have. To get rid of ‘Service Error’ in HBO GO, you need to try the following steps:
Step 1: Update HBO GO
A number of problems can be solved if you are using the latest version of the HBO GO app.
If you are not sure whether your app is up-to-date, you can go to the app store on the device you’re using, then search for ‘HBO GO’ followed by checking if there is an update available. If there is a new version of the app available in the app store, then download it to see if the problem is fixed or not.
Step 2: Restart your device
If you are not sure, whether your device is acting up or the app, then you need to restart the device you’ve installed the HBO Go app on.
- Turn off the device.
- Wait for 10 seconds and then, turn on the device.
- Open HBO GO app and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Step 3: Try to play another content
If you have been getting the error when playing the same content, then you need to confirm whether the issue is confined to one movie or TV show or the entire library of content. If the issue is confined to a particular content, then you will have to get in touch with HBO GO help providers.
Step 4: Try another streaming device
You need to install HBO GO on another streaming device that is connected to the same network. With this, you will be able to confirm whether the problem has occurred due to your network or the device you were previously using to stream HBO GO content.
Step 5: Try streaming device troubleshooting
If you have found that your device is problematic, then you need to try to troubleshoot the device in a specific way that you can find on the web.
Step 6: Restart your network devices
- Start with unplugging the power from your network devices, which could be the router, modem or any other device.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds before connecting the device back to the power.
- Once you do so, you need to connect to the internet again.
- Start with plugging your modem back to the power and then, wait until the device connects to the internet.
- Now, plug your router to the power and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open HBO GO app and see if the issue has been fixed or not.
If after trying all the aforementioned steps, you are still facing the problem, then you can take help of Technical Bulls, who are experts in fixing issues befalling HBO GO app.