Are you searching for steps to activate HBO Go on your Amazon Fire TV or stick? If yes, then we are going to mention the points for activation and deactivation of HBO activate on your Amazon device. Read this guide carefully and perform the steps there after.
Steps for activation of HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV and Fire stick
- First of all, download the HBO app in your system through the official app store.
- After downloading, launch this app on TV and click on ‘HBO GO activate device’ option.
- Once you click on the activation device option, you will receive a code on the screen. Enter the code on the computer. If you find that the code entered by you is incorrect, then you can go to HBO go help link to get a new code.
- Go to HBO activate link from your PC.
- Select the device on which you want to setup HBO Go from the list of available devices and click continue.
- Select your TV provider and enter the login details for the same. You need to login to the TV provider just to verify the details and identity. If you forgot the username password of your provider, then click on ‘forgot password’ option or call TV provider. If you find that HBO streaming service is not available on TV provider list, then also you can ask in this regard from the support team.
- Enter the activation code on HBO GO activate screen and activate the device.
- You will get ‘successful’ message on the screen. This means that you are good to go now. Try playing the contents through the service.
Sometimes, activation may take some time. In such cases, there is no need to worry. This is normal. You need to wait for a while. If the stipulated time gets finished, then you need to send a request for the new code. Now enter the new code again onto the computer screen and check if the device is activated or not. If not, then go to HBO go activate link and troubleshoot the device accordingly.
How to deactivate the app from Amazon Fire device
- Open the HBO go app on your Amazon device.
- Pick the remote and open menu through it.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and search for ‘Deactivate HBO’ option.
- Click ‘Deactivate’ to stop the app.
If you have handed over your Fire Stick to someone and want to stop the HBO service on it, then you can do so from your home only. Simply send the request for deactivation of the device. The HBO support team will send the deactivation code to you shortly.
Problems related to HBO activation on Amazon fire TV and stick
After implementing the above steps, if you are still getting any problem in activating or deactivating the HBO app, then you can send an error report to the official support team. If the problem is yet not solved by team, then you need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Uninstall the HBO GO app: This is the first and the effective solution to your problem.
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Turn off your device by disconnecting the power cable and turn it on again after a gap of 15 seconds.
- Download the app again from the app store.
- Check if the problem is solved or not. If the problem still persists, then move to next step.
- Reset the Fire TV: If the first step doesn’t solve your problem, then you need to hard reset the device. For this, go to ‘settings’ followed by ‘Device’ and click on ‘Reset’ option.