Many Skype users are wondering how they can fix the microphone issues while they are on Skype calls. This is one issue that they have been trying to fix for ages, but this issue doesn’t seem to go away, no matter what they try. So, what are we going to do in this blog post is, we will try to fix Skype microphone problem. Let’s see what happens.
When we talk into a microphone, the sound is carried all the way through the internet and is played on the speakers of your friends. If you are trying to do the same thing, but are having trouble related to sound on a VoIP call, then it is most probably due to the microphone or the speakers that you are having. To resolve the Skype sound not working issue, you have to follow below-mentioned steps:
- Start off by opening your Skype and find ‘Skype test call’, which you will find in your contacts. Once you find it, press the call button.
- Now, you have to follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen and record a simple message. If you can’t see any instructions, then get in touch with Skype customer service chat.
- After that, you have to remain online so that you can hear the message when played back. If you are able to hear the message loud and clear, then the microphone is OK. You can take a sigh of relief. So, where’s the problem then? Well, it is in your friend’s speakers.
- So, you need to advise your friend to go to Skype.com/Support and tell him/her to search for the option called ‘call quality’. Then, it’s up to them how they fix the issue.
- Now, if you are able to hear test call voice prompts, but when it comes to message, you can’t hear a thing, then you have to do one thing.
- If you are using an external microphone, then you have to make sure that it is plugged into the right socket of your PC. By right socket I mean, the pink socket. You have to insert mini-jack into that pink socket.
- If you have the same sockets at the back of the CPU, then you must prefer those, as those sockets are more reliable. Also, check if the microphone is not mute.
- In case you are using a headset, then please check if the mute button isn’t pressed accidentally. Also, check that Skype is accessing right microphone.
- To check this, go to ‘tools’, then ‘options’ followed by ‘audio settings’. Then, you will be able to see whether you are using correct microphone or not.
- There is a box that allows you to adjust the microphone settings on your own, so check that box. To determine, whether the microphone is working, you will see a green volume meter. If it moves when something is spoken into the microphone, then it means, the device is working.
- Increase and decrease the volume by pressing volume keys. If the volume is also getting changed properly, then it’s time to try Skype test call again.
- Steps for other issues like Skype not working is also similar to this one, but you will have to go to Skype official website to know the steps.
If you are still not able to hear any sound, then you must get in touch with Skype support providers. They can only help you now. Maybe, it is something else, which is causing the issue, so let the experts check and give their opinion.