You might be using the Windows 8 app for your Kindle. But you need to upgrade that. Read the article and know how you can upgrade your Kindle for Windows app to Kindle for PC app.
Every e-reader wants to have a wonderful experience of reading while reading any e-book. But this experience may get bad if you don’t upgrade your Kindle timely. Windows 8 app for Kindle is now an older version and you must upgrade it to PC app for Kindle. If you are presently using Windows 8 app you can continue with that but Amazon will not offer software update for this app. If you uninstall this app then you will not be able to download it from Windows store and reinstall it.
Kindle for PC is a mobile app that is compatible with almost all the devices running on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, and 20. But it is not compatible with Windows RT deices. For this, devices running on RT can continue using Windows 8 app or they can use Kindle Cloud Collection.
Now you would say it is difficult or time consuming. But don’t worry we will tell you any easy and simple way to upgrade your Kindle or you can take the assistance from Kindle Support.
For Amazon kindle Update follow these steps:
- Open your Kindle app.
- Firstly, confirm you are running on windows 8.
- After confirming download Kindle for PC app. If prompted save it to your computer.
- After that open the app. Then register yourself and sign in to the app with the help of your Amazon account.
- Download the books that you want to read from the library.
- All the notes, highlights, bookmarks, and page read that you made in Windows 8 app will also be available in Windows PC app. Kindle Help can be taken in case of any issue.
- Now you need to deregister your Windows 8 app. For doing this either hover your mouse at lower or upper corner of the screen or swipe in from the screen’s right side for opening Charms bar.
- In the bar for signing out select Settings icon and then click sign out.
- Now uninstall Kindle for Windows 8.
- In case you are using Windows 8 and 8.1 then open start screen. Now search on system search bar for Kindle. After that right click the Windows 8 app for Kindle and then select uninstall. If you are unable to do this, then help of Amazon kindle support can be taken.
- In case you are using Windows 10, open the start menu, then select all apps. After that right click the Windows 8 app for Kindle and then select uninstall.
So, these were the steps that are needed for upgradation of Kindle app.