Do you want to watch videos from Firefox app on android device to Roku device? If yes, then follow the www Roku com link or simply pay close attention to the blog post.
No doubt, Roku itself is an excellent device for streaming online videos but a Firefox on android brings the streaming experience to a new level. Watching amazing videos through this platform really leaves a great experience in user mind. This new casting feature allows all the Roku users to send their favourite videos from Firefox browser to the Roku device, which in turns allow you to watch the videos directly on the big screen.
Moreover, when you are watching videos through television, then you can also open webpages alongside. There is no need to keep your android device in active state. You can turn it off easily. It will not affect the running video. The complete guide to use this feature is presented in this blog post.
To setup a Firefox on your Roku for the very first time, then you are required to follow the below mentioned steps and information.
The first and the foremost thing to do is ‘adding a Firefox channel’ to the Roku channel list. This step is applicable only for the first time users. Otherwise, you don’t need to do it again and again. To add, follow the below mentioned points.
- First of all check whether your Roku device and android device are connected on the same home Wi-Fi network or not. If not, then connect them on the same Wi-Fi network. For any assistance and issue related to connectivity between Wi-Fi device and Roku, log onto Roku com .All the instructions as well guide are available on this Roku help link.
- After connecting on the same network, launch a Firefox browser on the android device and then open the website that contains information related to the supported video formats by Roku player. Check whether the adobe flash player is enabled or disabled on your android based device. To play the videos through Roku player, you must disable or uninstall this flash player in your device. To uninstall it, go to ‘settings’ followed by ‘applications’.
- Now click on any video from the list of displayed videos to play it.
- After that, click on ‘send to’ icon, which is available on the top right corner of URL address bar. If this icon is hidden by the advertisements, then wait for seconds until the advertisement gets finished.
- In the ‘send’ to icon, you will find list of devices on which you want to send it. Click on Roku device from that list. If Roku not working properly, then go to Roku support page for further help.
- You will have to wait for a seconds until the video start playing by own. The buffering time of a video depends on your connection speed.
- Once started, you can easily pause or stop the videos through android device. The control options are given at the bottom of the device screen.
There isn’t any need of Roku setup for this feature as this won’t come into play during the streaming function from android device.
About The Video Controls
There is no need to get tensed about the video control functions as everything is available on the android device screen corner during the video playback so you can easily swap across the webpages during the video playback without interrupting the current video. Moreover, you have the option to control the videos through Roku remote even. The playback buttons are available on the Roku remote as well. You just need to explore these functions. Yes, if your video is not been playing properly, then the fault may lies in the HDMI cable even. Check the connection and see if there is any breakage in HDMI cable.