HBO GO is one of the free streaming services that available with the HBO’s monthly paid subscription. One can access all the latest HBO movies and shows for free. Many of the content available through HBO GO account is not suitable for kids who are less than specified age limits. Thus you need to apply a parental control for those contents if you have a user within that prohibited age limit. Parental controls can be implemented to the content based on the company standards and ratings for Movies and television. The movie ratings include G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17 while the television ratings include TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14, TV-MA. For more details about movie and TV ratings, you can visit www.mpaa.org/film-ratings and www.fcc.gov/vchip respectively.
You need to set the maximum ratings for movies and shows for which you want to apply the parental controls. The movies and shows those have ratings that exceed the maximum allowed rating will not be played and will display a message that sorry parental control restricts this. Parental controls can limit the playing of specific content while Kids lock can be used to block the browsing of a particular set of content.
You can apply the parental control for HBO streaming service in three ways that are from your home device, from the TV service provider or the HBO GO application.
Steps to change the parental control with any of your home devices like a computer:
- Open the browser and type the URL as HBOGO.com and click on Login.
- Now enter the login information related to your primary account.
- Once the account opens up, then click on the option for HBO GO ID in the top right corner and choose the option for “Parental ” If your television brand supports the feature of parental control, then you will see an on screen guide for setting up the controls. Else it does not support this functionality then go through the next steps.
- Rate the movies and shows with the maximum level of ratings. For sub accounts, you need to do separate scores for channels on all the accounts.
- Now you need to set a PIN: If you are setting the parental control for the first time then enter a PIN and click on Enable parental control. Now enter an email ID to recover the pin if you forget but if you already have the pin earlier to this time then only enter the PIN and click on Save.
Steps to do the parental control from any of the android devices like mobile phone or tablet.
- Open the HBO app.
- Click on “Login” to open your Primary account.
- Once the account opens up, click on settings and choose the option for “Parental control.” Now you might see an on screen guide if your TV supports this feature so go through it to setup the parental control else go to step 4.
- Rate the movies and shows up to maximum to restrict their viewing.
- Now you need to set a PIN: If you are setting the parental control for the first time then enter a PIN and click on Enable parental control. Now enter an email ID to recover the pin if you forget but if you already have the pin earlier to this time then only enter the PIN and click on Save. In case you find any more issues, then you can get HBO customer service which is always available for help related to any of HBO issues.
Steps to do the parental control from your television:
- Open the HBO application.
- Click on settings and choose the option for “Parental control.”
- Now give the maximum rating to shows and movies that you don’t want to be viewed.
So this was all you need to setup the parental control for some of your HBO GO content. You can follow the particular steps according to the device used to enable the parental control. You can also get HBO Support for more HBO related setting and issues.