How To Resolve Audio Issues In Skype In Windows 10?Blake Jones
Skype is undoubtedly the most popular messaging app that is being used by the people in the world. But, in the recent times, people have been facing audio related issues in Skype, especially after updating their Windows to Windows 10. Let us find out how this ‘Skype sound not working’ issue can be solved in Skype.
Solution 1: Check whether the speakers and microphones are configured properly or not.
For this, you have to perform the following steps.
- Open Skype app, and then go to ‘tools’ followed by ‘options’.
- Go to ‘audio settings’ tab, but make sure that ‘microphone’ and ‘speakers’ are set properly. To be double sure, test both the devices.
- Click ‘Save’ to save changes.
Solution 2: Use only that audio driver, which has been referred by Microsoft.
A bad audio driver can also cause the problem because of its incompatible nature. So, you must only use Microsoft’s default audio driver. If you are using some other audio driver, then uninstall it and, install the original driver from Microsoft. To do that, here is the process.
- Open user menu by pressing ‘Windows key and X’ at the same time. Select ‘device manager’ from the list.
- Locate the audio device that you are using after the device manager opens. Then, right click on that device followed by choosing ‘uninstall’.
- You can also check ‘delete driver software for this device’ if this option is available. Then, click ‘OK’.
- Restart your computer after deleting the audio driver.
Solution 3: Update audio drivers (if updates are available)
Some people have been able to fix the audio issues in Skype by downloading and installing the latest audio drivers. To find the right latest drivers, you will have to take the help of company whom PC you are using. Make sure that the drivers of the software are fully updated. If the audio driver is automatically updated, then that’s great, but if not, then you will have to do it manually.
Solution 4: Change the settings of your microphone
If you are facing problems with your Skype audio, then you can get all those fixed by changing the settings of microphone. In order to do so, you will have to follow below-mentioned steps.
- From the taskbar, right click on the audio icon and then, choose ‘recording devices’ from the menu.
- Try to find your microphone followed by double clicking it to launch properties.
- Go to ‘advanced’ tab and when it opens, make sure that you ‘allow applications to take full control of the device is disabled’.
- Click ‘apply’ followed by clicking ‘OK’.
Solution 5: Restart Audio service of Windows
At times, the audio related problems can be caused by the audio service of Windows. To sort it out, you will have to restart the service. Here are the steps to restart it:
- Press Windows Key and R simultaneously. Then, enter ‘services.msc’. Then, click ‘OK’.
- Locate ‘Window audio’ service after ‘services window’ is launched. Right click on the option followed by selecting ‘restart’.
Solution 6: Update and/or reinstall Skype
- Installing latest version of Skype can fix the problem. If after installing the latest version, problem doesn’t get resolved, then change back to older version.
- You can also try reinstalling Skype, as that can also fix the issue. If not, then contact Skype support because they are the ones who can help you now.
Apart from this, there is one more, i.e., Skype webcam not working, which has frustrated people a lot in the past few months. Even for this issue, you can get in touch with Skype customer service chat, as they know what is causing the issue and how to get rid of it.