Do you have any problem in buffering the MHz choice channel on your Roku device? If yes, then there is nothing to worry as we are going to provide a potential solution to your buffering problem. We are also well aware that Roku has its own official www Roku com link for providing support to the users. So if you find any problem with implementing the below-mentioned steps, then do visit on this site.
First of all, we will discuss the troubleshooting steps to fix the buffering problem of your MHz choice Roku channel on your Roku device. Read all the steps carefully and apply it on the device.
- Power cycle your Roku media streaming stick by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Disconnect your Roku device from the power supply by unplugging the power cord.
- Wait for some minutes.
- Plug the Roku player back into the supply by connecting with the USB cable.
- Connect Roku to Wi-Fi now to Sign onto the Roku account.
Now, if your problem is solved, then it’s well and good, but if the problem is still coming on your device, then you need to remove the particular channel from the channel list that is enacting your device performance.
- Restart your modem
- Check the available network speed: The min speed recommended for streaming the high-quality videos from best streamer services is 10Mbps. If you are not having any idea about your current network speed, then follow the below mentioned steps to check the speed.
- Open the browser on your computer and go to speed test link.
- Click on the ‘speed test’ button’ to begin the test.
- This link will calculate the average downloading speed of your network and display the same result on the screen.
Some extra tips related to the home network: If you prefer Wi-Fi network at home to connect your media streamer with the device, then you must ensure that no obstruction should be there in between the router and the Roku device because this may sometimes affect the signal strength of a signal. The distance between the Router and Roku device should also be not more than 15 meters. If Roku not working with any of the media streaming services, then it means that there is some problem with your network or your device is not connected properly to the network. Yes, if everything is ok and still you are not being able to watch the contents from Roku channels, then go to www Roku com support link from your computer and identify the reason behind the problem.
This is all about the buffering problem. Now, If the problem is not solved then you are required to uninstall a particular channel from your device and re-install it later, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
First step: Remove the Roku channel from the home channel list: The steps to remove the channel from the list are:
- Open the Home screen of your Roku player.
- Right click on the channel to open the options menu for a particular channel.
- Press the asterisk button from your device remote. This will highlight the channel.
- Click on ‘Remove a channel’ option.
Second step: Re-add the channel:
- Click on the ‘search’ menu from the Roku home screen. Enter the name of the channel, which you want to re-add. You will find the channel on the top of the screen. If you find anything missing on the screen, then it is recommended to perform a Roku update on your device.
- Tap on ‘add a channel’ option. As soon as you click on it, Roku will automatically add it.
- If you want to view the recently added channel, go to home screen and search for the channel from the channel list. Once you find it, open it and enter the code for authentication purpose.
Third step: Activate your Roku device on the Roku link.